Thursday, July 8, 2010

Living the life

I counted this morning and I've been in Tulsa 5 weeks. Time flies when you're having fun and when you're out of town (WV and TX) for a couple of weeks out of that. But really, I like it pretty well here. I'm in the middle of finding a place to live. I'm going to have a roomate who's a college student here in town. A couple of girls at church suggested that we live together and it will be very nice financially.
I'm working as the receptionist at the Christian Counseling Center right now till August sometime I think when the regular receptionist comes back from maternity leave. Hopefully right around that time I'll be able to start doing therapy, but it will depend on the status of my licensure application. Status right now - Not submitted yet. There has been one little delay after another, so looks like by the end of next week I'll get everyone to sign who needs to. I'm looking at picking up another job for awhile and creating a some cushion for myself. Dave Ramsey recommends it. :)
Random thought of the day - concerning difficulties, pain, suffering, etc., I've been thinking along the themes of these two verses recently:
2 Corinthians 1:9: Indeed, in our hearts we felt the sentence of death. But this happened that we might not rely on ourselves but on God, who raises the dead.
James 1:2-4: Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverence. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

2 comments:

Chrissy Cross said...

Glad you are enjoying Tulsa!

Anonymous said...

Man, those are some POWER verses! I love it!
Brittany