Sunday, June 15, 2008

What's happening

G and G left on Thursday. They were here for awhile, which was a blast. I really enjoyed visiting with them. Before they came I was remembering how us kids would get so excited to see them that we would wait on the side of the road for them to show up. I still get excited to see them now. We played a lot of games and did a lot of laughing. Just so you know, Grandpa does not like Scattergories. It is too "wild".
This coming Wednesday we're going to West Virginia to see gradparents family there. It's been over two years since I've seen them, so I'm looking very forward to seeing them. I'm so thankful to be able to travel and to stay in touch with family.
Other than travel plans coming up, I've been working a lot. My last day will be July 1st, which is coming up quick. Almost too quick. I'll be sad to leave all my clients. They have been incredible. But, it's time to move onto what's next -- for them and for me. I've been thinking a lot about change being an opportunity for crisis, or an opportunity for growth and refinement (ist that a word?). The growth and refinement perspective is what I'm trying to take or else I can get kind of stressed about whatever's coming up next.
Mid-August is when school starts at ULM. No new news in that area, just that I'll be moving down at the beginning of August.
As for Boise, right now, yesterday I got to go rafting. This last spring and now summer more and more college aged/out of college people have started coming to church so we've been doing a lot of things together. Yesterday one of the guys planned a rafting trip which was awesome. This guy had a been several times, so he was our "guide". I'm not the biggest fan of the water, but it was so fun. There were a some rapids areas that were pretty intense, but the rapids weren't constant, so they said it was probably a 2 class rafting trip. Not sure what that means, but no one fell overboard and we didn't flip. The scenery along the Payette river was gorgeous and the weather was just about perfect. The water was numbing and pretty deep because of all the snow this year, but that has made for good conditions apparently. There were 7 of us in the raft. I got kind of wet along the way, but not soaked so I was feeling pretty good about myself. As we got out of the raft, though, I got tackled into the ice water/sand, so I ended up not making it out as dry as I had planned. ha Anyway, if you ever get a chance to go rafting, definitely go.
I haven't been blogging as much as planned, but with my work winding down, maybe I'll do more? Hope to. :)

3 comments:

Chrissy Cross said...

Rafting sounds like a blast, I have always wanted to go. Have you found a place to live??

Anonymous said...

aw, I didn't know you had blogged, since I don't have your rss feed. I love rafting! That's awesome that you got to go. Can't wait to see you at the reunion- don't forget your piano books!
brittany

texasholls said...

I remember one time in Reserve we made this welcome sign for Grandpa and Grandma out of rocks on our driveway cause we were so excited about them coming.
Can't wait to see you in a little over a week!