Monday, August 16, 2010

Friday I submitted my application to the state for licensure, so that's another step forward in the process here to start working - counseling anyway.
Last night I realized I had found a great church. They had their annual BBQ contest. There was smoked and barbequed sausage, pork, beef, turkey, chicken, venison, and a couple of mystery meats. Delish. I only wish I could have tried them all and gotten more of the ones I liked.
My new roommate is moving in today. It may be weird after having lived by myself for the past almost 2 years. I think it will be good, though.
Anybody seen Inception? It's been getting rave reviews from everyone I've talked to who's seen it.
It's 88 degrees right now. A cool front moved in last night, I guess, and I am SO glad.
Good Monday!

5 comments:

bee said...

Good luck and go get 'em. YOu will be a great counselor.

Chrissy Cross said...

Yea for fresh starts!

Unknown said...

That must be a relief. I'm jealous of your cool front. Guess I shouldn't complain though since our "cool front" is making it 99 today instead of 103.

Anonymous said...

Haven't seen Inception, but would really like to. Sounds cool. Congratulations on the licensure!
Brittany

Drs Meyer said...

yay!!! and there is NO cool front in Texas I've decided...I have to ask myself plenty often why the heck i live here :)

on a second note, I think that many of us wish to be in your shoes right now for the bbq at church - it's a favorite in the family for sure :)