Monday, October 27, 2008

Monday

The trees aren't changing colors so much, except for the cypress trees which grow in the water. What I was told is that they are conifers, but the needles(?) change color according to season. They don't fall, but just change color. These trees make the bayous extra beautiful. Fall is by far my favorite season. I'm glad the weather actually feels right for the season now. It is pretty cool here today -- I don't think we got over 60 and it's been in the 40s at night and it was windy.
BUT, I am resolved to not turn on my heater until my house is below 65. Ideally 60 or 62. ha Layers, hot tea, and a very low electricity bill give me a lot of willpower.
Now I need that willpower to transfer over toe the paper I'm writing on dissociative identity disorder. Right now I'm wondering why I ever chose that topic. I do not like research!!!!!
On the flipside, one more day of class this week and we get off for the national conference. Instead of the conference, I'm going to Nacogdoches on Friday!!!

Here's a picture I stole from Trish on facebook, from our fun day at the fair a couple weeks ago.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Papers. Blehhhh. I'm already not looking forward to next semester because of all the stuff I still have to write this semester. I wish you the best on getting that motivation going. It is hard to do sometimes!

Chrissy Cross said...

Always pick things that you are interested in to research. Some topics, you won't know until you are in too deep. A mentor that I have had this semester told me that she would always pick something with her overall interests of research in mind because she could use it for practical purposes when she was done with school. I thought it was good advice, so I am going to try to do that in the future. Good luck!!