Friday, September 19, 2008

Happy Day


Tofutti has done it again. They have one of the best dairy free ice creams I've tried. I went to Brookshires (pronounced Brook-sures here rather than Brook-shires) to pick up some groceries and decided I would look again for Tofutti sour cream and cream cheese. This store has a pretty good selection of gluten free foods and organic foods, but not so good on dairy free. I still couldn't find what I was looking for, so I think I'm going to put in a request at customer service. Do people do that? I'm going to try. Anyway, as I came to end of the ice cream isle, after looking longingly at the whole row, I found a huge selection of sorbet and dairy free ice cream!! I've tried the Cuties made by Tofutti before and they are good. They had a lot of those and also pints of "frozen dessert" in different flavors. They had a couple of other brands too, but I wanted to try Tofutti and it didn't let me down. I got vanilla fudge and indulged in a delicious milkshake tonight. Yummm.
This may be interesting to like 2 people besides myself, but oh well. My camera's still broken, so that's the reason for the off-centeredness. As another side note, my kitchen coutertops look like that, but a brighter/darker color of green than you can see in the picture. The picture makes it look like a gray marble something, but it's not. It's green.
The weekend is here. Celebrate with some ice cream!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmm! What is a Cutie? Also, does Brookshires sell gluten free bread in their frozen food section? Nan

Unknown said...

Yum! I'm glad they have a few things at your local grocery store. You can definitely ask customer service to order things for you. People used to do that at Farmer's all the time and I also did that at the King Sooper's by our house in Ft. Collins occasionally when I needed some soy product they didn't have. All part of having good customer service.

Jessica said...

Cuties are little ice cream sandwhiches. They're probably about half the size of a regular ice cream sandwhiches. At this store they have some that have pb ice cream filling. Looking forward to trying those. :)
They have gluten free bread in the frozen section and they also have a section of gluten free products on the baking isle. I think they have a pretty decent holding of gluten free foods.

Chrissy Cross said...

Interesting. I do not like trying new foods. I don't know why. But I really don't. So, way to branch out.

Anonymous said...

cool thing about your pic. it is using the rule of thirds which means that your pic is actually more pro because it is off center.

i might eat some ice cream b/c of that even though i'm not a huge fan of ice cream