Friday, September 5, 2008

"Allllllligator! Allllllllligator! Can be your friend, can be your friend, can be your friend too..."





I was mostly joking on my last blog, but the next day I read this in the newspaper. Where this guy was found is 2.36 miles (I had to look it up) :) from my house. When I came for the interview in the spring, people told me that alligators don't live in the area of the state so much. Yesterday, though, after I was talking with some people about this, they said that yes, there are alligators in the bayous around here. Fishermen see them frequently. I've traded in possibly seeing a bear or mountain lion for seeing an alligator. All those years in the mountains, I never did see a bear like I hoped to. Since I don't have the hope of seeing one now, I've exchange that hope for seeing an alligator in real life. Not at the zoo. And not outside my door. But I wouldn't mind seeing one swimming in the bayou, or walking through the neighborhood at a distance. I'm glad my new phone is a camera phone. I'm ready!!!! Bring it on!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I will be looking for a picture of some beady yellow eyes peeking out of a dark and mucky swamp.

Chrissy Cross said...

It is only a matter of time, my friend....