Monday, May 5, 2008

"!!!!"

Spring is finally here!! All the trees and flowers are blooming. Allergy season has arrived. So far I haven't had any problems, except for hating the smell of the pretty little purple weed. Is that an allergy? So I've opened the windows tonight, but my dad just closed them as the neighbors smoke and it smells like a "cigarette factory" outside. Bring on the fresh air, cigarette smoke and all, I say!!! After this job, I've become desensitized to the smell of cigarette smoke.

I'm in the process of making plans for going to Monroe. I have a lead on an apartment, but haven't started looking hard yet. Still waiting to hear back about financial aid, but I'm officially registered for classes. More than school right now I'm looking forward to all the summer traveling I get to do. First Cindy and Brad's wedding -- really looking forward to that! Then at the end of June is a family reunion/camping trip in West Virginia. I haven't seen some family on my dad's side in several years. so I'm very excited about that. Time for me to get to know some cousins better! Red Mountain is after that, which will be a blast! Then the move south. All within the next 4 months.

I've been using a lot of "quotation marks" and exclamation points!!! More than I usually "do"!! So, the question is, what are your writing pet peeves? I can't stand overuse of exclamation points!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Exciting stuff going on! Good luck with all your travels. I love spring!! I love the rain. I still can't get used to cigarette smell. It chokes me. I can smell it 10 feet from me. My biggest pet peeve in typing is misspellings. They make me a little crazy.

Anonymous said...

from brittany joyner

Chrissy Cross said...

Cig smoke is nothing compared to the smells that can come from a baby's bottom. I'd rather smell a cig anyday than a stinky poop. I haven't been reading your blog because I just realized my link to your page is messed up! Anyway, my writing pet peeve is when people use inappropriate words or made up words for things. Such as the word "whelp" for "welt" or the word affected instead of effected.

Anonymous said...

i just noticed it said "under the same sky"

and i thought that was kind of donald millerish...and i bought searching for God knows what today...4.99

what a steal. of a deal.

oh. i'm going to georgia tomorrow. that's about all i've got. actually tulsa tomorrow. memphis on thursday. georgia on friday. the wild frontier. like zane grey. except no sage brush. just kudzu. anyway, here's to us southerners (or soon to be ones)

this is turning more into a blog than a comment, so i'm done.

Unknown said...

My pet peeve is when people don't capitalize the beginning of their sentences. haha. Just kidding. I think comma splices and run on sentences annoy me the most because that really makes trying to figure out what someone is trying to say a nightmare. Sounds like you have a fun summer ahead of you. We have lots of traveling to do to and I don't know how we're going to get it all done. I can't wait to see you at the wedding!